Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Friday, August 26, 2005

To-do's and why not to-do them.

Okay, so I'll be honest, I haven't written in a while. My excuse: Domestic bliss is just not so pressing after the move got postponed for 3 months. Amanda and James have gone to Cape Town to do something horribly academic ( I heard some kind of equations mentioned and then tuned out ), leaving us blissfully free of domestic responsibility for at least another couple of weeks.

Now I've partly unpacked all my neatly labelled boxes in order to use my stuff so OMT motivation is at an all-time low. My brief foray into the world of the super-organised showed that I have been neglecting the million and five to-dos that have been hiding among my things. Like sorting the inevitable Change Jar. Or de-worming the cat. Frankly, at the moment I'm far more interested in honing my l33t Dance Dance Revolution skillz, so responsible home management will have to wait. I've promised myself I will write a list though, that will make me feel less guilty about abandoning my quest. I lie, I haven't abandoned it...I read lots of books on plumbing and cooking...I might even try to do some of it one of these days. ( A sick little part of me has even considered knitting a blanket but I don't know where one goes to buy wool. I guess you just go out and find a old lady and follow her or something.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home