Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Christmas cards, loafing and the class hippo.

Well, motivation is back with a vengence! I knew I'd get back on top of things and now I am more driven than ever. Got myself a new 'sorting stuff' book - "Cut the Clutter and Stow the Stuff" edited by Lori Baird. Darius is in for a surprise now that OMT is back in full swing. No more loafing! We are going to sort out our lives if it kills me ( or him, whoever comes first ). I need a little notepad to write down my to-dos but well, I don't have somewhere to write a note to remember to buy one so I'm sure I'll forget. Bugger. Otherwise, I have the tape, labels, boxes and stuff so I'm ready to go.

Operation Bench Press has been less successful I have to admit. I'm still going to the gym pretty regularly but my origional 4 times a week goal has dropped to 3 (and in the last few weeks sometimes, 2 - gasp!). I'm still quite a blob, I picked up a lot of weight after I quit smoking and started going to gym ( which makes me ravenous btw ). Inspired by the courage of my good mate Mandy, I've decided to make my efforts to lose weight public. Hopefully my need not to lose face will outweigh my need to eat candy.

So here it goes : I weigh 88.7kgs (at last weigh-in). Ewww. I'm disgusted with myself. What's really depressing is that I weighed 84 before I even started gym and dieting and such. I've been counting points for about 2 weeks now and I've lost a kilo, possibly more, I weigh myself again today. That means when I started dieting I weighed 89.7kgs! Thats only a Big Mac short of 90! No wonder I feel like the class hippo in Yoga.

In other news, I have decided to tackle other areas of my life besides my budding domestic goddesshood. Oooh - I must add that I baked over the weekend! I made fat-free chocolate brownies...yummy! I've decided to pick a goal for a bunch of areas of my life like Education, Friends and Family etc. so that I can feel like at least I am making progress. My first goal ( other than reducing myself to less obscene proportions) is to assemble a list of addresses, contact numbers, birthdays etc. for all my nearest and dearest so that I can at last start paying attention to birthdays, send Christmas cards and generally let people know I love them...ahhh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home