Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Friday, January 13, 2006

Attack of Cheery-ness

I am so excited about my studies this year. Darius and I went to buy two of my prescribed books after work yesterday and they are facinating! I am battling to concentrate on work 'cause I'm so hooked. I wish I could have studied this stuff in first year instead of all those silly courses I had to do. I can't change the past though, so I'm prepared to let that go and just enjoy this year.
 
Other reason's I can just feel that 2006 is going to be an awesome year:
1. I was feeling guilty about buying the Franklin Planner. It was an exorbitant sum of money. After 13 days I have to say that I think it was worth every penny. I feel so productive and less stressed because I don't have to mentally waste energy on keeping track of pointless to-dos. It is one of the best things I have ever done for myself.
2. Sugar is losing it's hold already. I never thought it would go this fast. Today I could have had cookies for morning tea. I chose health bread because that's what I felt like. What? Me? Taking the healthy option? By choice? I never would have thought I'd see the day.
3. I am excited about my own wellbeing. I am enjoying the process of getting healthier. Gym is a pleasure I look forward to.
4. I am on top of things at work and have loads of plans for how to make 2006 the best business year ever.
5. Darius seems far more engaged at work and seems to be feeling more positive ( I hesitate to say it but I think some days he actually might be enjoying his job. Gasp.) I am so proud of him.
6. I'm interacting with my family more. I'm chatting to them and I know more about what's going on in their lives. It's awesome.
7. Mainly though it's my studies. I am so thrilled that I have the chance to learn this stuff.

I know it's a bit late but: HAPPY NEW YEAR!

In other news:

D, Mandy, James and I went to see the Wallace and Gromit movie yesterday. I LOVED IT, it's impossible to pick a 'best bit' but these are my favs (in no particular order):

"May contain nuts"
"Pansy spray"
"Middle age spread"
"Claude Savagely"

Surprisingly all of my favorite bits had to do with the backgrounds in the movie, not the actual content. If nothing else, it's worth watching if just to look at the extraordinary attention to detail in the sets. So if you haven't seen it: go. And take your glasses.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home