Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Pulling myself together

The past couple of days we've had Mandy and James staying with us. It's been great. Mandy and I have been feeding off each other's passion for organising things and have been writing resolutions, lists and goals for 2006. It's fab to have someone who doesn't look at me funny when I get excited about labels/lists/cool programs that track your 'womanly cycles' etc.

I'm firmly back on diet now - and I feel confident that I will be able to last the long haul this time. Mandy is on TLC and going through the detox phase and James is on a water fast so there is no rubbishy food in our home at the moment, just loads of fruit and low-gi carbs. Darius is eating potato chips and chuckling. Bastard.

I've been using the Franklin Planner since new year and I am passionately in love with it already. Darius had better watch out, I may run off with it to Bora Bora. I cannot explain how much more 'in control' my life feels now that I am keeping track of what I need to do in a FAR more comprehensive way.

I have decided on my next Big-Ticket purchase. ( The planner was my last one - shipping from the States is REALLY expensive. )

I want a dance mat for the Playstation. Now that is exercise I enjoy! I rented a mat and Dance Dance Revolution Max - I haven't  enjoyed myself so much since The Sims 2 was released. I suck, but in a fun way. And watching your friends make complete twits of themselves is like an added bonus.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 pm, Blogger Amanda said...

Hey hey hey!! You looked like a twit too! Ok, maybe not QUITE as much as James and I, but still...

much fun planning with my online franklin planner today - ticking things off is SO satisfying

 

Post a Comment

<< Home