Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Thump!

Today I hit Earth in a big way. I'm not having fun anymore.

Have you ever had a few weeks in your life where you completely lost touch with reality? I have. Today it ended in a big way and I'm left with the choas I have caused while I was in la-la land. Frankly, I wish I knew what drug it is that I took because  I would like a refill. Reality sucks.

I'm not so sure when it happened, I suspect it was a response to Mandy and James changing their plans and, given that I had no plan to fill the void with, my psyche just downed tools and left for a few weeks vacation in the land of Oz. While on its travels my brain was convinced that:

Money grows on trees and ,should I need any, I can just sweep some up from the nearest garden.
Candy makes me thinner.
Planning is for suckers. Life will turn out just peachy without my help.
If I slack off at work, the Admin Elves will come in to my office late at night and do my job for me.
The Gods of the Internet will make sure that my blog writes itself.

The result of this dementia-adventure was that my bank account is more empty than it has been in years, I've completely abandoned my diet in favor of fudge and Xmas mince pies, my Intray looks worse off than ever, I am still on square one with OCC and my neatly packed boxes have exploded into a bigger mess than when I started clutter control.

I have no doubt that I will be able to fix this mess, but it will require a lot of work - which is something I have forgotten how to do. Case in point: I am writing this instead of working.

Shame on me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home