Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Monday, April 03, 2006

Red Noses

It has been I LONG time since I last updated my blog. In all honesty, I just didn't feel like it. It has been a rough couple of weeks, motivation has been at an all time low and frankly, I've never really been one for sharing my misery.

In the time since I last wrote I have:

House-sat for my mother while she went on a church tour of Israel
Gone to see the circus
Avoided work
Abandoned my diet
Been very ill
Gone to Swissland Cheese for Jude's birthday
Started working on a decoupage box for my chess pieces
Bought a few books
Read the first two installments in the 'Left Behind' series (Armageddon from a Revelations point of view)
Played The Sims
Eaten huge amounts of marshmallow Easter eggs
Roleplayed
Bought 3 bookshelves
Got a new cellphone

As you can see, nothing very exciting.

My mum came back from Israel with a nasty case of 'Suicide-bomber flu' (Just when you least expect it - your nose explodes) and I promptly caught it from her. I am still feeling rather stuffy and it's been a week already! I haven't been this sick since I was 8. I took 2 days off work (Wednesday and Friday), and lay around in bed generally feeling sorry for myself. All that swooning around and being helpless has put me in touch with my inner girly-girl. I started reading Bridget Jones' Diary over the weekend. It's a riot. Other than that, it was a pretty sucky week, except for the bits where Darius' reaffirmed his position as Best Boyfriend on the Planet by being all caring and bringing me stuff. I love you, D!

As a souvenir of Plague Week I took this picture entitled "Bedside Table of the Damned"

Notice the rapidly dwindling supply of Advil, the tissues, the medicated lozenges - argh, makes me feel rubbish just looking at it.

Well, I'm back now, and with a brand new plan for whipping my butt back into gear after all this loafing.

THE AUDIT

I bought a copy of Caroline Righton's "The Life Audit" some weeks ago. It seemed like something I would enjoy, lots of form filling and over analyzing. I've decided to dedicate the next 28 days to doing Stage 1 of the audit. Basically it involves accounting for everything you do, say, eat, feel etc over a four week period. It's supposed to give you some kind of insight into 'the real you' or some such. I'm hoping that I'll simply start seeing how little time I actually spend on constructive activity and thus will start guilt-tripping myself into doing the things I know I should be.

I'm also taking this opportunity to start afresh with my diet / exercise / water drinking and all the other things I have neglected over the past few weeks. Oh, and I'm also giving up refined sugars for the 4 weeks (no candy, cookies etc.) in an attempt to kick the sugar habit. Go me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home