Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Friday, September 23, 2005

Shopping: The War between Good and Evil.

Well, eating 4 points less than before is proving easier than I
thought. I am kinda living on apples, soup and energy bars though. No
more brownies until I can control my urges.

Exams start on the 6th October. Drat. I haven't started learning yet,
mainly because I'm one of those 'memory span of a goldfish' types so I
will have forgotten anything I learn now by next month.

Operation Bench Press ( you thought I'd forgotten about it didn't you?
) is going okay. I had a fitness breakthrough yesterday when I managed
a 12 minute run. Go me! Darius just grunted and said "Thats nice."
Thanks a lot. At the moment I'm trying to get 2 yoga classes, three
runs and a circuit in each week. I seem to be missing Yoga on Thursday
a lot though - yesterday it was because D's school broke up so he got
a half day, so we went gymming early.

Speaking of Darius getting off early...we finally made it to the
furniture store to get the tables I've been wanting for months and
they had sold out! ( Except for two broken ones ) Bugger. So I had to
revise my plan a bit. I almost strangled Darius in the process though
- he was behaving like a toddler, all bitchy because he didn't want to
be at the furniture store, and couldn't have been less of a help. I
was all disappointed because my tables were gone and he was acting as
if I had dragged him there against his will - I was ready to cry. I at
least try to be supportive when we need to do something I figure is a
drag ( like the trip to he hardware store, the bank etc. that we also
did that afternoon ). I just wish he would just bloody well cheer up
sometimes. Grrr. ( Don't worry D - I still love you )

3 Comments:

At 9:07 am, Blogger D-Man said...

I did not gripe. I watched you wonder around looking at the stuff there that we have seen like 6 times. I am the one who suggested we buy the side tables that we did buy. Grrr. As to comparing it to the HW store you spent more time in there STEALING pamphlets than i did buying some nails, dial-rod and wire. 2 of the 3 being for you i might add.
D

 
At 9:19 am, Blogger Psychomuffin said...

You, my dear, did gripe. And we had only been there once before. When I stole the Moja pamphlets and found the tables I actually wanted. A great deal of the stuff that was there was new and I was trying to find an alternative so I wouldn't have to deal with dragging you somewhere else. You only suggested the other tables so that I would get something and we could go home. As for the h/ware store. I was making the best of it...something I wish you would do more. And don't try and say the chailmail was for me. YOU want to start making it. I just suggested a project.
C

 
At 4:51 pm, Blogger Amanda said...

oh dear, dissention in the ranks - i love it. I feel like I'm not alone...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home