Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Friday, October 07, 2005

Exams - NOW I remember why I bunked so much school.

Well, I am much better today - no thanks to the exam yesterday though.

Picture the scene:

You are feeling dreadful, sick as a dog, unable to take Advil ( a.k.a. Ambrosia of the Gods - in a pill ) because they make you drowsy. You find yourself in what appears to be a PAC protest rally. No, they are all writing some government-sponsered Teaching exam. The whole quad is standing room only and you are 100 meters from the doors. The doors open. You remember the riot at that soccer field some years back where a bunch of people got trampled? It was kinda like that, but without the team spirit. You go to find your seat. Meanwhile, in an uncharacterisitic move for PMB in October, the temperature has dropped to below freezing. As a humanitarian gesture, the staff turn on the heaters. The heaters are on the left hand side, you are on the far right - by the windows. You sit and watch your breath condense. The invigilators get all confused because they can't cope with having more than one exam in the same hall. They hand out Accounting papers to the Leadership Education students, take the papers away and give them to the Animal Studies people. Much time passes and you are down to your last 'Halls'. The dodering old codger responsible for your section asks you what you are writing, 'General Education', you reply with all the civility you can muster. Repeat this ad nauseum - to both you and the rest of your section. Just shortly before you pass out from boredom, he gets the idea that perhaps, just perhaps, you are writing General Education and he better hand out the papers. The exam begins. You are writing an awful, badly constructed paper, which insists on asking nonsense questions like "What are the stages in...( something that doesn't HAVE stages)" or "Please repeat the textbook, pages 102 - 393, word for word. 10 marks, you have 15mins left - go!". You can't remember a thing, mainly because your preperation wasn't up to much - too busy coughing to study. It can't get any worse, right? Wrong!Remember the windows next to you?...They leak. You spend the rest of the exam making the tough decision: Do I allow my paper to get wet, have the ink run and fail the course or do I shield it with my own body, thus allowing my flu to turn to pneumonia? I chose the paper.

Needless to say I did skip gym.

Thanks to a wonderful evening of being curled up on the couch, watching CSI and being brought endless cups of coffee by my beloved, I am feeling much better today. I have just taken a call from the computer store telling me they have found the problem with my hard drive ( 6 days to notice the thing is making noises like a monster truck??? ) and have ordered a new one. So perhaps I will be back online by Christmas...yay!

I have just completed my study timetable for "Hell Week 2005" (exams on the 17, 19, 20, 21). I feel Mandy would be proud of me. I have tried very hard to cut down my social commitments, but I'm still GMing Greyhawk 'cause they haven't finished the adventure yet (some parties are just clueless) . And I'm running the draft tommorrow at Magic. Studying is proving harder than I thought.

Domesticness wise, I finally bought some cushions for our bed. Justin mocked them. I didn't like him for a while - but he bought me a rum truffle ( 4 points ), so we are still friends - thanks J! So far I am the only person who likes them (the cushions). Darius is putting up with them to please me, as he should, and my brother looked at me like I had completely lost my marbles. Perhaps I really do have NO taste. Hang on - Jude liked them! Thanks mate, I owe you one.

1 Comments:

At 9:05 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What're friends form, besides getting you to spend your points in the least wise manner possible?

On another note, check out my post about my sims, for further torture.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home