Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

Christmas and cryogenics

Well it isn't often I get to update my blog on the weekend. I'm at The School messing about on Dman's machine while I wait for him to tidy up the workshop in preparation for the big climb up the corporate ladder. I am also checking out the Momentum Health website in preparation for yet another medical scheme move - grrr. The school's brokers are full of rubbish and don't know what they are talking about which has caused a bit of tension because Darius knows better and is not as easily fooled as the rest of the staff. I wish we could move to Discovery Health but if they insist, I won't be too upset. Momentum is alright, just not quite as good (for our needs), though if we get pregnant this year we will have FANTASTIC maternity benefits. It has sparked one of those 'I'm pissed off at the world in general' moods in D-man though. He's complained five times since I started typing - which wasn't long ago. I am fairly cheerful except for the fact I am FREEZING TO DEATH. Why it is that servers have to be kept so damn cold? I would've thought someone could have fixed that by now. No wonder techies drink so much coffee ( I'm on my second cup ). It does make me feel more in the Christmas spirit though.
 
Went to Makro earlier to find out what prices for shadecloth, I saw all their Christmas decorations are out. YAY! CHRISTMAS!
 
I think I will phone J&A now and see if they want to go see 'Corpse Bride' later.
 
Mandy is sitting in Durban feeling impressed with herself after installing a DVD writer in her PJs. I don't get it, but I'm happy for her regardless. James is going to visit one of is other friends ( a geek with friends? who would've guessed? ) so he will not be joining us. No matter, now Mandy and I outnumber Dman - mwhahaha, feel our wrath puny male! Tried to call Justin to provide Dman with some backup and he is not answering his phone, ah well.
 
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home