Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Join me in a Little Victory Dance

Roleplaying last night was cancelled due to Angela having to go to Durban for some unknown purpose giving Dman and I the chance to go and have dinner at Pesto's to celebrate his promotion. Weight Watchers would not be pleased. I had a nutty, caramelised pear and roquefort salad with 'Jackie Chan' penne to follow and tiramisu for desert. The 'salad' is a salad in name only, there is NOTHING even remotely healthy about it. Gosh, it's good. I thought I would explode I ate so much.
Needless to say that the point-counting entry for yesterday is just one big, fat X.

We also got to see James and Amanda again which was great, it has been far too long. I must admit I am feeling sorry for them re. the whole 'what the hell is going on?' debacle. I am impressed they are holding up so well. (I won't explain what happened to them here - if Mandy wants to share it she can put it on her own blog) I would be going spare if I didn't know what would be happening to me in the next 6 months. Uncertainty is not my thing. (Me? A control freak? Never!)

Due to Mandy and James' probs with work OMT has taken another setback. I am unconcerned, the setback gives me more time to save and decide what move I want to make next. And plan my new mission to be commenced as soon as exams are over (or at least, the present batch of exams).

As for my exam yesterday, it was exactly what I expected - rubbish. Almost the whole exam was taken from the assignment and consisted primarily of 'opinion type' questions which are impossible to mark accurately because it depends how much the marker agrees with your opinion. They have no business in a varsity exam, being unreliable at best. On the up side, there were only 5 of us writing the exam so we were put on the stage in the exam hall, where the comfy chairs are. Mmmm, comfy chairs. I will only register for unpopular courses from now on.

I have noticed a new breed of student in the exam halls since last time I studied - The Chatter. They insist on asking you all these questions about how you studied and what you had trouble with as you sit down to write the paper. (Look, it's a little late for revision guys, if you are not confident now you never will be - deal with it). Being a Psych major I figure that they are performing informal IQ tests on all the people around them to convince theselves that their own, room-temperature, IQ will carry them through the paper. It's sad really.

Today is Anthropology. I have no understanding of why it is that I had to do this course, there were other ones I would have rather done, but I must admit that some of it was quite interesting. Anthropology is my half-way point exam-wise.

I have to do a little victory dance 'cause today is my 6-month anniversary of kicking the habit. My sense of taste, smell etc. are back and I feel good. I won't pretend I don't miss it but I feel it was worth it health-wise.

*insert little victory dance here*

1 Comments:

At 10:07 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl - on the not smoking, not the binging at Pesto's!

don't worry exams will be over soon, and we'll celebrate when I get back!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home