Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Panda Bear Madness Minute

I am desperately trying to stay afloat here at work. Every year I forget what a madhouse this place becomes around this time of year. I have made so many phonecalls today my left ear is bright red and I if I have to listen to my scanner scan one more page I may quit and run away with the circus.

Seriously though, I am feeling a little down today. There is an old lady who hs been a client of ours for years. She phones often to ask for help with her medical stuff and, unlike most people, really appreciates the help we provide. A really lovely woman. Anyway, she has been planning a trip overseas to visit her children for about a year now and every time I've spoken to her she has sounded so excited. Lately though, she has started to sound breathless and frail. I found out today that she has been told by her doctor that her lungs are filling with fluid and that this is the beginning of cardiac failure. She is trying SO hard to rest and make sure she is well enough to make her trip in two weeks but, to tell the truth, I don't know if she will make it. It just makes you re-evaluate your priorites, y'know? Speaking to her has just made me think twice about ever moving away from my family - they are the most important thing to me and I wouldn't trade them for all the shopping/travel/etc. in the world. My heart just breaks for her, and her children.

Anyway, leaving that depressing stuff behind...

I found out why Mandy stalled on at this point in Personal Power 2. The assignment is HARD and with my current workload I just don't have time. Hopefully I'll get a break soon. I fear I will have to use it for studying for Psych102 in 2 weeks though so I'm having trouble keeping my goal-making momentum. I'm sure I'll get back on track, and if not, I'll just take the phone of the hook and lock myself in the office for a week or so.

Watched 'Win a date with Tad Hamilton' last night - for the second time ( I know - LOSER! ) Best bit: 'Guard your carnal treasure!'

BTW - If you don't get the title of today's post, you don't watch enough South Park. Shame on you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home