Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Thou shall not abuse bandwidth. Or sugar.

So the weekend is over and I'm back at work - worse luck. I'm currently trying to juggle the demands of my job, studying and finishing my character for RP tonight ( a task that is made somewhat harder by the fact I lent my Player's Handbook to Sean ).

Sunday's weigh-in was not as good as I had hoped. I only lost 300g. Current weight is 86.3kg. This despite having eaten less over the past week. Ah, well, it'll come right. Sugar remains an issue. Total sugary food consumption was at it's highest yet at a total of 38.5 points. This means that sugar accounts for roughly 30% of my weekly calorie intake. Yipes. Not Good.

Went to gym yesterday and had breakfast at Kauai, yummy. I had the fruit salad with museli, honey and yogurt with a Yoga Berry smoothie. Delicious.

Those observant souls among you may have noticed that my blog has something new. A button. Normally I am vehemently anti-button. Anti-'Bandwidth Abuse' in general, really. I figure that people go to blogs to read the posts or see the pics not to be bombarded with advertising that's irrelevant to content. Now, I understand that certain sites need the adverts to keep an otherwise free resource going and that is all very well and good. BUT - when the good folks at Blogger give you space for free I wonder at the ethics of advertising on their dime webspace-wise. I also have a lot of sympathy for those of us who are on dial-up (hopefully I will quit this sorry state soon, once Telkom get their act together). It costs us money to download this rubbish.

I am perfectly alright with links that are relevant to content and in some way expand on the contents of the site you were looking at - students who link to their school etc. But otherwise this stuff just annoys me.

Now, as to why I have made an exception for Gutenberg - these guys deserve it and need all the support they can get. It's a really worthwhile project.

Oh - and the Lohan thing is just too funny to miss :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home