Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Open Sesame

We were burgled yesterday (again!). We were very lucky, they didn't take a lot of stuff and after the last burglary I had already moved a number of our more valuable possessions to a safer location - so we only lost our DVD/VCR and a chunk of our window frame.

Strangely enough, I actually don't feel too distressed over this. I guess I'm just extremely optimistic these days. It wasn't that bad and I refuse to let my life revolve around it for days like last time. All in all I think I found the police response more disconcerting than the burglary itself. They took about 6 hours to respond, and I kid you not when I say that the officers that responded were functionally illiterate. The statement had to repeated 10 times or so before they got it straight and they didn't even take a walk around the house to assess damage. Shocking.

This unfortunate event did however throw me enough that the diet went out the window. The cops took so long that cooking wasn't really an option. I will try hard today to get back on track. I did make a whole day without Advil though, but I will admit I've already taken a painkiller already today...my teeth are hurting due to dry gums as a result of my blocked nose. (I think).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home