Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Hail, Magic and Blueberry Roll-ups

So, the weekend:

I decided to take Friday off work to go shopping and watch the Da Vinci Code with D. It was fun, the movie was exactly what I expected. During the movie I scoffed biltong, which is now the only snackfood I can consume - no sugar, low fat, high protien, low carb. Afterwards we went to pick up D's dad from work (we had borrowed his car due to our car-less state) and halfway home we were caught in a monster hailstorm, the first of two over the weekend. We ended up under a railway bridge near our home along with about 4 other cars. After a while we decided to head home because we weren't far away and there were a number of other cars trying to squeeze in under the bridge.

The trip home was AWFUL, the de-mister didn't work after the hail covered the bottom quarter of the windscreen and visability was zero. We ended up with Darius looking out the back window and giving instructions to his dad. Argh!!!
We went on a little stroll around the neighbourhood and took pictures of the hail, so uncharacteristic of this time of year.

Saturday was spent doing the National Qualifier for Magic. Congrats to the PMB guys who made it!

My brother was let out for the weekend so D and I went to a family braai thing on Sunday. At 9am my mother informed me that I would be providing pudding. I whipped up a batch of baked blueberry roll up things in under 2 hours! Go me! The domestic goddess quest has realised a new victory!

Other than that I am swamped at work, behind with studies and not sure what to make for dinner since I forgot to take something out of the freezer (again). Such is life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home