Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Oops! they did it again...

It's been a long time since I've written. I make no excuses, but....

On Thursday last week we had another burglary. That's the 4th in 2 years. I've had it. I'm moving as soon as I am able. This decision has left me with a whole heap of things to do, each of them with problems of it's own:

1. Buy a car

We finally got paid out by the insurance, but I must admit I am struggling with the car hunt. All we've managed to find so far is rubbish - and we aren't even looking at really cheap cars. Add to this the fact that it is rather difficult to find a car because I haven't got transport and the fact that I am not thrilled with the idea of storing the new car at our current residence and you'll see why car shopping is NOT my favourite activity at the moment.

2. Find a new place to live

I have no way to drive to flats to check them out, and Darius works all the time with no lunch break so it's hard for me to arrange for us to see anything.

3. Buy things

The moving out decision was made rather suddenly, with no fiscal planning at all. And everything we had of value has been stolen. Cue serious money-worries.

That said, part of me is kinda keen to be moving, I'll enjoy having our own space again. Even if we do have to use camping furniture in the living room.

All this means that Operation GAG is shelved for the moment because of the pressing need to tackle: Operation Masking Tape. Part 2.



In other news:

Last week my mother had two Turkish Delight manufacturers staying in her bed and breakfast. I went to see them at the Royal Show on Thursday: Look at all those flavours...blue gum, ginger, rose, original, carrot and macadamia nut, rose cream, pecan nut, orange peel ...mmmmmmm






I went to go see my brother on Sunday, we flew kites and had lunch at the Wild Coast Sun. Lots of driving but it was fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home