Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

I swear, for the last time, it is NOT a shotgun wedding

Well, it's been a couple of days since I've posted.

Saturday was fairly uneventful, mainly work and shopping. We did go and see a movie in the evening, well two movies really - Darius saw 'Hoodwinked' and I saw 'United 93'. It was so much better than I thought it would be. Gripping.

On Sunday...D proposed. It was over a lovely breakfast, and I was very surprised.



The next couple of days have been spent informing friends and family, and hiding at home when the fuss gets too much. Darius and I have mainly been chuckling at how everyone is now taking us seriously as a couple, as if there will be some enormous change after marriage (what do they think we've been doing the past 8 years???)I have been surprised at how fast the news has spread (I've been getting calls from old work collegues and friends of friends). Everyone has been really nice though (except for the 'It's about time! comments)

My mother is thrilled to bits, I think she would have the wedding next week if she could. Oh right, a wedding, another thing for me to worry about...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home