Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Stop the Madness

There are 5 things wrong with my life:

1. The whole 'moving' thing is NOT going well
2. I'm eating like a horse
3. I'm so busy making up lost time on studying that I really don't have time to work on anything else
4. All the candy I've been eating has made my skin break out in the worst way - I feel like I'm 13 again
5. I haven't been to the gym in almost a week cause I feel like a blob

Obviously, some needs to be done. Now, I know that I have started dieting stacks of times and rarely make it past the first month. So that concept just seems to be doomed to failure. But I can't keep eating a small African nation's gross sugar production every week. I am very much a candy junkie - and what do we do with junkies? We put them in rehab. Unfortunately, not really an option. The real addicts would probably beat up on me and I'm pretty much too tied up with problem 3 to take a month or two off.

Option B then, cold turkey. I hate cold turkey. Did it with cigarettes last year and it sucked (worked though. There is a further problem, realistically, can I expect NEVER to eat processed sugar again? Nope. Not gonna happen. At some point, somebody is gonna give me Lindt Dark Chocolate with Orange (or, they will if they love me *hint* *hint* )and I can't let that go to waste - it would be criminal. No, I need to kick the sugar habit without making it impossible. So it take 21 days to form or break a habit right? So I'll give myself a month to be on the safe side. A one month Candy Fast. No candy, chocolate, ice-cream, jam, baked goods, soda or dessert. This is gonna be tough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home