Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Nature's Croutons

So I've been away from work for a few days. D had half-term so I took some leave so we could catch up on things. We shopped, went to the bank, got haircuts (Sian at Andrew Hendry is the best hairdresser ever!) and did a bunch of stuff we don't have a chance to do on normal weeks.

Movies watched:

'Just My Luck' - cutesy date movie...ah, sweet. Best Bit - Lindsay Lohan using a floor polisher at a bowling alley, while wearing stilettos.
'Lady in the Water' - weird, but a good watch if that is your thing. Best Bit - the film critic in the corridor.

Food eaten:

Darius and I are currently doing a tasting tour of Hot Dogs of KZN. We tried the 'Chip and Roll' (we were bored on Friday so we went to Durban), I figure 3 stars. An average hot dog.
If you're interested, Hot Dog Cafe does the best commercial hot dog (4 stars) but I still rate home made cheese dogs as tops (4.5 stars).

Games played:

Me - The Sims 2
Darius - Rome Total War

Books read:

Jane Austen's 'Sense and Sensibility' (almost finished)

Bullets shot:

18. I fired my first gun on Saturday. I suck, but it's okay cause Darius rocks at it, so he can shoot the criminals for both of us. I'll provide cover fire.



Garden refuse removed:

1 trailer load. Honestly, after struggling for an hour to fill the trailer with VERY uncooperative vine-type branches, I am completely willing to pay someone to do it for us.

Deliveries received:

Diablo Battle Chest. It's a classic.

Resolutions made:

I had a look at my brother's pictures of the shooting on Saturday. When did I turn into a whale? My gosh, I knew I was large - but the chick in those pictures is a stranger. I am disgusted with myself. The diet begins (again).

Old friends seen:

One. Scotty joined us for roleplaying. Twas fun to remember all the fun we've had roleplaying in the past. Thanks for coming, we had a blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home