Psychomuffin's Suburban Adventure

The misadventures of a domestically challenged girl and her mission to ascend to the ranks of Domestic Goddess.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Christmas, boredom and piratey madness

Darius and I housesat Jude's place in Hilton over the weekend. My gosh, I thought Pietermaritzburg was the land of the dead until we spent the weekend up there. The video store is dismal, the drive to PMB puts you off going into town unless it's really necessary, and the Spar is, well, Spar. So glad I don't live there. It was quite nice to get some uninterrupted study time. And their garden is really pretty.

Other than that - I saw my first in store Christmas display on Wednesday when I was in Durban for a product launch. 3 months ahead. That means one quarter of the year is spent gearing up for a one day holiday. It's a good thing I love Christmas - it would drive me nuts otherwise.



And my first Ebay purchase arrived! I can't play with it yet (haven't bought a new Playstation), but soon I will be deeply involved in piratey madness!



Finished my last Book of the Week. It was very basic assertiveness / non-victim thinking, interesting but not exactly groundbreaking stuff. Also seemed to be of the opinion that niceness and weakness are the same thing, which is total rubbish. The new book is more practical, written by the lady who does Organizedhome.com.

Did a bunch of studying over the weekend. Not long to go until exams.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home